What is CleanSeal® certification?
CleanSeal® certification is a testing and accreditation programme for maintenance products suitable for use on carpets and rugs (and other interior textiles) made from synthetic fibres, and is underwritten and operated by The WoolSafe® Organisation.
It is available world-wide to manufacturers and suppliers of cleaning chemicals, spot removers, soil and stain resist treatments and other products used to maintain or enhance the performance and/or appearance of carpets and rugs.
What are the benefits of CleanSeal® certification?
CleanSeal® certification is -
- a crucial independent confirmation of a cleaning product’s performance, safety and suitability-for-purpose;
- an important assurance to users (professional cleaners and consumers) of the quality of the product;
- an essential prerequisite for products subsequently to be submitted for environmental testing and accreditation.
Which products could qualify for CleanSeal® certification
All products intended for the cleaning, maintenance or enhancement of man-made fibre floor coverings, and which have the following characteristics:
- industry-standard performance for the purpose for which they are intended
- no adverse effect on re-soiling
- no adverse effect on the colour
- within safe pH limits
- non-hazardous or other safety-related issues